I begin with a standing up fun action song. The next songs the
children usually sit for.
The words are at the end of the Lesson Plans for your convenience.
The lesson includes 3 fun action songs from Noah's Ark CD.
An action rhyme or finger play - often from Noah's Ark CD.
Simple Bible verse
Story Activity related to Bible story - it helps them to remember.
They use these to play "church" at home.
- Make story visual and have variety.
- I have found it easier to establish a routine
for the lesson time where toys are out of reach or else to teach in a
toy free room.
- We have very young children who stay for the
story if they are settled., as usually they soon get
interested in the fun props.
- We encourage parents to sit in class with them if necessary or take
them to another area.
- I have a mat or cushions where the children
get used to going to for story time.
- Snap the story along quickly to keep the
children focused. Their concentration is short at this level. (my
class is 18 months to 5 years.)
- Do the story in a variety of ways: for example
use dolls which acts story, use drama - we all join in - a
book, flash cards, magnet board,
- story on ice block sticks, attach
pictures to pegs on a line. Make a Big Book. Flip puppet which can
flip up or drop characters down.
- Use the puppets from web.
- For a change make them stand by sticking to a
little box or stand in a slit.
- There is no one way fits all! Just use the
ideas that work for you and add your own style and props.